Introduction


The aim of this blog will be later on to show around the endless possibilities hidden in the kingdom of fungi, let it be traditional applications like cultivation of gourmet or medicinal mushroom, or more unusual ones, like using mushrooms for their coloring or fibre properties, etc.

Right now I merely story about my home made attempts and experiments in the fields of cultivation, dyeing, ink, paper, decoration and packaging making, etc :)

--update: contact: gombakezerarca@gmail.com

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring check up on wild shrooms I

I have restarted recently my regular cycling trips in the neighbouring forests and pastures after the winter period. The shrooms are still sleeping, apart from some newgrown Trametes hirsuta and versicolor (brown variety) I havent found yet new crop.

First pic: T. hirsuta, other three: T.versicolor brown variety.






I have also found some leftovers from the autumn: Scleroderma citrinum, Piptoporus betulinus, and some gorgeous Calvatia gigantea, that was the best surprise of the day, even the week.

Scleroderma citrinum
Piptoporus betulinus

Calvatia gigantea


The Calvatias, some 4-5 of them were sitting in a row after each other next to the small hump of the road. On the other side of the hump a local farmer collected his nitrogen rich wastes, which made the C.gigantea's appareance logical. This also meant that they were there all along autumn, I just didnt get to see them due to the dense vegetation, though I was regularly checking on this hump for Boletes. I could not resist to take one of these beautiful babies with me for my strain collection and for the dyepot, I am so looking forward to the results!



No comments:

Post a Comment